Friday, October 1, 2010

Chosing Scripts You Love

We were supposed to choose three movie scrips that we like on this page. I decited to choose The green mile, Pearl harbor and Pulp fiction because I really like those films. I went on youtube and found scenes from each film and then found that perticular scene in the scripts. Lets start the review!



 The green mile was released eleven years ago. There are many, maaany years since I saw it and I dont remember everything from that movie but I remember that it that I liked it a lot. The scene I remember the most was when John Coffee was executed so I found that scene in the script and on youtube. The dialog in the script and the actual scene in the movie are more and less the same..... Its a tragic scene and if you watch the whole film you are going to find it hard to watch! :/ But there are some differences such as Marjorie shouting out to Coffee what a monster he is in the script when Coffee says he is sorry.... but not in the movie.  You can see that she is supposed to shout it out because her line has an exclamation mark at the end. I think it is better left out because the silence in the scene in the movie makes it that more powerful.



Pearl harbor was released in 2001. I remember seeing it in the cinema and I loved it. The dialog in the script and the movie are a bit different. Some things have been left out from the script while there have also been additions. In this movie scene president Roosevelt is saying he wants to attack the heart of Japan. His closest advisors and highest ranking military personell tells him that it is not possible because the Japanese had destroyed most of The United States fleet. This scene is really memorable because in the end of the scene Roosevelt, who is in a wheelchair, stands up and says: "Do not tell me it can´t be done!" I am off the opinion that the movie dialog is better that than the original script. I can´t really explain it, but I think it might be because I have seen the movie so many times and this scene and it´s dialog is what I am used to!

Pulp fiction is a masterpiece in my opinion. The movie was released in 1994 and it is the favorite movie for many. I chose this scene because it is one of the best known scenes ever. Just see it for yourself here! The scene in the script and the movie scene are pretty much the same. The only difference is that the place of some of the words in the sentences have been altered. It also says in the script that the briefcase is under the bed.... but in the movie it is in the closet. So... I dont think it makes much of a difference. I really love this scene!!!




I enjoyed this assignment I have to say! It´s been a long time since I have seen these films and I am sure I will watch them really soon because of this assignment :)

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Pulp Fiction is probably just the best movie ever :) And I love that you write about the green mile I gotta see that one again!

    ReplyDelete